Onewheel Accident Lawyer
Onewheel Nosedive Lawsuits. Nationwide Representation.
Bailey Cowan Heckaman PLLC is reviewing potential cases from victims who suffered personal injury or lost a loved one in accidents involving Future Motion’s Onewheel mobility device.
Our team is currently litigating several injury and wrongful death lawsuits against Future Motion, Inc. over alleged defects that may cause the Onewheel to abruptly lose power and nosedive mid-ride.
If you believe you have a potential Onewheel accident lawsuit, BCH is here to help. Our Texas trial lawyers are leading the charge in litigating product liability claims against Future Motion, and are investigating potential Onewheel lawsuits from victims nationwide.
Why Choose Bailey Cowan Heckaman PLLC?
- Award-winning attorneys with over 150 years’ experience.
- Proven results in high-stakes and high-profile product liability cases.
- Contingency Fees – no cost to hire, no fee unless we win.
Learn more about your rights and legal options. Call or contact us online to request a FREE case review. BCH is reviewing claims from victims nationwide.
Onewheel Lawsuits Target Nosedive Accidents, Pushback & Possible Defects
The Onewheel is a self-balancing, battery-powered transportation device (sometimes called a hover board) that allows riders to stand on a skateboard-like deck propelled by a single tire. The Onewheel system uses gyroscopes and accelerometers to help riders balance and steer using their weight and positioning on the board. It can reach speeds of up to 20 mph or more.
In recent years, both the Onewheel and the Onewheel+ XR have gained a following of passionate riders, many of whom have a healthy respect for its learning curve and potential risks.
Unfortunately, not all riders were prepared for the possible defects that may contribute to serious crashes. This includes:
- Onewheel nosedive. "Nosedive" is a predicament where the Onewheel motor is alleged to suddenly shut off and slam forward into the ground. Nosediving, if it occurs, can cause riders to be violently thrown from the Onewheel.
- Pushback. Onewheel is designed to provide riders with a “pushback” that creates a sudden motor cut-out sensation when the device is reaching its limitations, climbing or descending hills, or nearing battery depletion. However, the pushback feature may inhibit a rider’s ability to balance, steer, and remain upright.
Even when riders dawn appropriate safety gear, respect the Onewheel, and recognize signs of pushback, they may still experience serious accidents and injuries if the device unexpectedly shuts off and nosedives.
BCH Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Future Motion
In March 2020, BCH filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Future Motion, Inc. in Santa Cruz County on behalf of a Houston man who died after his Onewheel allegedly shut off spontaneously and nosedived while he was riding in a local park. The man suffered a fatal brain injury, and left behind a wife and son.
The lawsuit alleges:
- FM’s Onewheel device contains design, manufacturing, and marketing defects that can cause abrupt shut offs and nosedives.
- FM failed to adequately warn consumers about possible injury or death when using the Onewheel as intended.
- FM downplayed potential risks and misled consumers into believing Onewheel was safe for ordinary use.
More Onewheel Victims Come Forward
BCH continues to fight for victims and families who claim they suffered losses due to alleged Onewheel defects and has filed additional lawsuits against Future Motion. Some of our other Onewheel cases include:
- A wrongful death action filed over the death of a San Diego man.
- A wrongful death suit involving a Onewheel fatality in Long Island NY.
- A personal injury suit filed on behalf of a victim who suffered serious injuries while riding a Onewheel XR in Texas.
Call For a FREE Consultation: (888) 367-7160
Since filing our lawsuit, BCH has received calls from Onewheel victims with questions about accidents of their own and whether they have grounds to pursue legal action to recover their damages – including their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Because every case is unique, we encourage injured riders and families to reach out to our firm for a personalized case evaluation. Case reviews are FREE and confidential.
BCH is leading the charge in litigating Onewheel accident claims, and is equipped with extensive experience in products liability, high-stakes litigation, and serious injury and death cases. We proudly serve clients across the U.S.
To speak with a Onewheel accident attorney about your potential case, contact us.
Work hard to earn the trust of our clients
Ease doubts clients have in their case
Strive for excellence in keeping clients informed
Focus on each case as if it were our own
Highest quality & ethical legal services
"You guys helped me get money not only for myself but for a lot of others."- J.S. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"The communication was wonderful."- F.W. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"My attorney did a great job with my case."- O.O. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"Thank you. You guys are amazing."- A.M. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"My case was managed in a professional manner."- S.C. (FLSA Overtime Client)