Texas Mesothelioma Lawyer
Serving Victims in Houston & Beyond For Over 30 Years
Texas is home to a thriving industrial sector, and while that brings with jobs and economic security, it also poses grave risks to workers and residents alike. One of the most devastating: mesothelioma.
At Bailey Cowan Heckaman, PLLC, our trial attorneys have cultivated a record of success in mesothelioma litigation. We take on complex cases where the stakes are high, and we fight powerful corporations and insurance carriers for victims and families who deserve justice.
If you believe asbestos exposure is responsible for a mesothelioma diagnosis or the wrongful death of a loved one, you may be entitled to compensation. Our award-winning team at BCH is here to help.
Why Choose BCH?
- Trusted Advocates: We’ve represented tens of thousands of clients across Texas and the U.S., and have recovered hundreds of millions in compensation.
- Extensive Experience: Our firm is recognized nationally for litigating complex, mass tort, and serious personal injury cases – including mesothelioma and asbestos cancer claims.
- Proven Attorneys: Our award-winning lawyers have been recognized among The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100, America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, and Texas Super Lawyers.
- Caring & Committed: We treat our clients and their families like family. For us, it’s personal.
BCH has been helping victims for over 30 years. As Texas natives, we’re committed to fighting for our communities and the folks who place their trust in us during times of need.
Our mesothelioma lawyers are based in Houston, and serve clients throughout Texas and the nation. We also accept attorney referrals. Call (888) 367-7160 or contact us online to request a free case evaluation.
Asbestos & Mesothelioma in Texas
Texans have faced high rates of mesothelioma for many years, not only due to the materials that proliferate our homes and businesses, but also the because of its expansive use in heavy industry across the state. For example:
- Oil refineries and processing facilities in Houston, Dallas, West Texas, and other parts of Texas have exposed thousands of workers to asbestos, as it was used widely in plant construction for its resistance to heat and chemicals.
- Shipyards and shipbuilding operations in Texas ports and the Gulf of Mexico are a significant source of asbestos exposure, often from large commercial vessels and equipment made with asbestos materials, as well as drydocks, offshore rigs, and more.
- Veterans of the armed forces account for roughly 30% of all mesothelioma diagnoses because of its extensive use in the military, particularly in ships, base buildings, and aircraft. Numerous military and civilian workers have been exposed to harmful amounts of asbestos at Naval Station Ingleside in Corpus Christi, Bergstrom AFB in Austin, among other military bases.
- Manufacturing and heavy industry have long found Texas to be a hospital place of business, but these facilities and their equipment and machinery have exposed countless workers to asbestos.
- Chemical, metal, plastic, and mineral processing plants throughout Texas, some of the largest in the world, have relied on asbestos materials for construction, equipment, and PPE due to its heat- and chemical-resistance properties, putting workers and entire communities at risk of harmful exposure.
Although heavy industry has been a major cause of asbestos exposure in Texas, residents across the state have developed mesothelioma from other occupations, from working with asbestos materials, and from living in homes and communities where exposure risks are high.
Our team at BCH has extensive experience with mesothelioma cases, and assists clients in identifying potential sources of their exposure. Because there is a statute of limitations in these cases – meaning a time limit – we encourage clients to contact us as soon as possible.
Do I Have a Mesothelioma Claim in Texas?
Prolonged exposure to asbestos can lead to the development of mesothelioma (a rare form of lung cancer) and other asbestos-related diseases. Because there are many potential exposure sources, as well as a need for extensive investigation and medical evaluation, determining whether you have a potential case requires an in-depth, personalized evaluation of the unique facts involved.
Factors important in a mesothelioma case, among others, include:
- Where a victim has lived and worked, and for how long.
- The nature of a victim’s work, and the type of equipment and materials they used.
- The level of exposure a victim may have endured, when exposure occurred, and for how long.
- Their medical condition, and when they were diagnosed / when a medical discovery was made.
- A victim’s medical history, and smoking history.
How Do Mesothelioma Cases Work?
Though many asbestos lawsuits are consolidated into multidistrict litigations (MDLs), they generally operate as civil claims that seek financial compensation from defendants responsible for their harm and losses. In some cases, claims are brought after victims have passed away.
Because many companies responsible for asbestos exposure no longer exist, large trusts were created to pay out victims and families when they suffer mesothelioma, asbestos diseases, or wrongful death. Many of these trusts are valued in the billions of dollars – which means there is still compensation available for victims and families who wish to pursue legal action today.
Examples of our Mesothelioma Case Results:
- $2.98M for a former erector in various plants, paper mills, and refineries;
- $2.1M for a former commercial truck mechanic and ship repair worker in a navy shipyard;
- $2.05M for a former electrician in a shipyard and various industrial sites;
- $1.42M for a former aircraft maintenance / repair mechanic;
- $1.46M for a victim exposed through work in construction, renovation, maintenance, and automotive industries.
Call for a FREE Consultation: (888) 367-7160
Bailey Cowan Heckaman PLLC offers free, no-risk consultations to evaluate potential claims. When we handle cases, we handle all expenses, and clients do not pay any up-front costs; we only get paid if we win. As recognized leaders in asbestos litigation, and guest lecturers on mesothelioma and asbestos MDLs at legal seminars nationwide, we’re trusted by numerous Texas, Americans, and fellow lawyers.
If you wish to speak with a Texas mesothelioma attorney from our team, contact us today at (888) 367-7160.
Work hard to earn the trust of our clients
Ease doubts clients have in their case
Strive for excellence in keeping clients informed
Focus on each case as if it were our own
Highest quality & ethical legal services
"You guys helped me get money not only for myself but for a lot of others."- J.S. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"The communication was wonderful."- F.W. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"My attorney did a great job with my case."- O.O. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"Thank you. You guys are amazing."- A.M. (FLSA Overtime Client)
"My case was managed in a professional manner."- S.C. (FLSA Overtime Client)